Friday, March 17, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Fun

I just spent the last part of my evening playing "catch the leprechaun" with my three girls. Here's how the game worked: we each took turns playing the leprechaun. The leprechaun had a pot of gold (a bowl with plastic colorful coins in it) and hid it somewhere in the basement while the rest of us created a leprechaun trap. My girls are under the assumption that you lure leprechauns in with potatoes (maybe because he's Irish?), so we used pretend potatoes as our bate.

Once the leprechaun (identified by his special green hat) was finished hiding his gold, he'd be lured in by the potatoes and we'd shut the trap door and make him tell us where he hid his pot of gold. The girls have a rainbow scarf, so that eventually came into play...the pot was buried under the couch cushions at the end of the rainbow.

I was just so amazed at the imagination of my girls and didn't want our game to end. We were having so much fun with this simple but creative game they had made up! It's these times, right now, that I want to remember forever. I want to look back on today and say, "Remember when we used to play Catch the Leprechaun?"

My heart is smiling today.

No comments:

Post a Comment