Sunday, July 22, 2018

Mispronunciations

There are some things that your kids do that you think you will remember forever. And some you do. However, I'm finding myself searching my mind these days for that one memory I'm dying to bring to the forefront, just slightly out of reach. So, I wanted to jot down a few things down before they too become lost in the great abyss behind my eyebrows.

Eleanore:
  • Dishelous = Delicious
  • Patteren = pattern
  • Smee me = Excuse me
  • Uncle Dangle = Uncle Daniel
  • Ah-loo = I love you
  • Chick-a-monk = Chipmunk
  • Agra = Grandma
  • New Yorick = New York (She's almost seven and still does this one some times! So cute.)

Charlotte:
  • Blurries = blueberries (and any other berry for that matter)
  • Check-up = Ketchup
  • Some fruit = Give us this day our daily bread
  • Elbow = Armpit
  • Wockie = Rockne
  • Nola = Granola
  • Farkler = Sparkler
  • Wondacks = Adirondacks
  • La-loo = I love you


Gabrielle:
  • Soom = Spoon (or fork)
  • Coc-a-dot = coconut OR polka dots (depending on whether or not we're watching Moana)
  • La-loo/Lub you = I love you
  • Sfinkler = sprinkler
  • Corn poop = Unicorn poop (thanks for that, Aunt Melinda!)
  • Bang-gos = Mangos
  • Chicken = steak, pork, chicken, meat
  • Rondacks = Adirondacks
  • We were driving past a manger scene this Christmas and we were all pointing out the different people, Mary, Jesus, Joseph, etc. Gabrielle joined in yelling, "Jo-shits! Jo-shits!"
  • Dom-bows = Doubles/twins

No comments:

Post a Comment